Five pieces by the radical young Belgian composer, Maya Verlaak, performed by Apartment House, and the soloists Sarah Saviet (violin) and Mark Knoop (piano)
"Subversion has destructive connotations. However, subversion can also mean reversing a current standard: being subversive can be anything that challenges an existing system. My approach to subversion doesn’t destroy current standards, but it uses the standards to create, while developing solutions to its own characteristics and problems (with a hint of humour)."
Five provocative and beautiful works by the young Belgian composer Maya Verlaak, realised by Apartment House and soloists Sarah Saviet & Mark Knoop.
1. ‘Lark’ (2014, rev. 2019) 9:14
2. ‘Formation de Sarah’ (2019) 8:03
Sarah Saviet, violin
3. ‘All English Music is Greensleeves’ (2014, rev. 2019) 10:30
4. ‘Formation de Mark’ (2020) 10:33
Mark Knoop, piano
5. ‘Song and Dance’ (2017) 15:10
Copyright(c)2006 - 2021 Art into Life All Right Reserved.